Considerations When Hiring an Attorney for Your Tornado Insurance Claim
Things to keep in mind when hiring a tornado insurance claim attorney
Before making the decision to hire an attorney for your Tornado Insurance Claim, it is essential to find an attorney who is the right fit for your particular case. In doing so, there are several important things to keep in mind when hiring an attorney:
- Knowledge and Expertise – It is important to find an attorney who has knowledge and expertise of the area your legal issue falls within. For example, for help with a property tornado insurance claim, it is key to find an attorney who has extensive understanding of those specific claims, is familiar with the insurance claims-handling process, and is knowledgeable of the tactics that insurance companies use.
- Trial Experience – It is equally essential to find an attorney who has considerable trial experience. If negotiations are stalled or the other side is not offering a favorable settlement, an attorney who is willing to prepare the case fully for trial is necessary to the success of your case.
- Proven Record of Success – The attorney should have a proven record of success in cases like yours. Find out whether the attorney has a track record of getting favorable verdicts or settlements.
- Fee Arrangements – Depending on your situation, the costs associated with a case can be an important consideration as well. You may be able to find an attorney who offers a free consultation or initial interview. At that initial meeting, ask about the fee arrangement the law firm has in place. For example, there are attorneys who work on a contingency basis, meaning that the client does not pay the attorney unless they are able to recover a favorable verdict or settlement.
- Comfort Level – The initial consultation or interview provides an opportunity to meet the tornado claim attorney and to decide whether you are comfortable with him or her handling your case. You should make sure that the attorney will keep your best interest as the attorney’s top consideration. Also, find out whether the attorney that you are speaking with plans to handle your case at that law firm, or whether it will be handled by another firm. Moreover, it is essential that you find an attorney you can trust to handle your case professionally and diligently, with an approach that is compatible with your goals for the case.
- Accessibility – Another significant consideration when hiring an attorney is to find an attorney who will be accessible throughout the handling of your case. Further, look for an attorney who has a strong support staff, as this ensures your case will move along timely and efficiently.
- Resources – Finally, look for an attorney who has access to expert witnesses, investigators, and specialists, as these are vital to recovery in a case. For instance, in an insurance dispute, insurance companies typically have estimators who will get low-end estimates for the damages to a home or business. An attorney who has regularly worked with certified, proven experts can help secure a proper valuation of your damages, resulting in a more favorable resolution for your case.
Help with your Tornado Insurance Claim
Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci and Doyle Raizner want to help those in the Joplin community. If you have suffered damage to your home or business, please contact us. We are reviewing residential, commercial, and business interruption claims right now, and we will fight to get you a fair and favorable settlement on your Joplin tornado insurance claim so that you can begin rebuilding. By helping get fair settlement for tornado insurance claim, we hope to renew Joplin, one home or business at a time.
Trackback from your site.